- Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018
- 2007 Suffolk University Law School, cum laude, International Law Concentration with Distinction 2007
- 2004 University of Massachusetts at Amherst, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, Commonwealth College Honors Scholar
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Mr. Hansen’s focus is helping clients prevent and resolve a wide range of business disputes and employment disputes. His business litigation cases often involve disagreements between co-owners of small businesses, arguments over contract terms in various industries, commercial real estate disputes, and defending or prosecuting breaches of fiduciary duties.
In his employment law practice, Mr. Hansen has counseled clients on a variety of employment disputes including wage and hour law, misclassification claims, and claims of discrimination based on age, race, gender, disability, and sexual orientation. He has also helped clients manage risks by drafting employee handbooks and employment policies. In addition, Mr. Hansen has represented employers and employees to resolve controversies relating to non-compete clauses and non-solicitation clauses as well as disputes involving the misappropriation of trade secrets and other confidential information.
Before joining BMK, Mr. Hansen specialized in employment litigation and business litigation at the Boston office of a regional firm after serving as a law clerk to the Justices of the Superior Court in Massachusetts, which provided him a unique opportunity to work directly with judges and gain an in-depth understanding of the judicial process. This experience is applied in every case at each stage of the litigation to offer clients cost-effective solutions to complex legal problems. As with all disputes, his approach is customized not only based on the facts of the case but also to fit the individual goals of each client.