Corporate Attorney – Senior Associate or Lateral Partner
Berluti McLaughlin & Kutchin LLP (BMK) seeks a lateral partner and/or senior associate level attorney with 7+ years of business experience. BMK is a full-service law firm in Boston, focused on serving a diverse group of closely-held businesses and high net worth individuals and committed to providing clients with the highest quality work and service. This is an ideal opportunity to join and play a key, hands-on, role in working directly with clients, growing your practice, and working on sophisticated matters as part of BMK’s thriving business practice group.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in working with business clients in the following areas:
- Negotiating and drafting of all types of corporate documents including acquisition agreements, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, etc.
- Counseling clients on corporate governance, employment law matters and other general corporate counselling.
- Negotiating, structuring and implementing equity compensation plans, bonus plans, and deferred compensation agreements.
- Excellent communication skills are key: ability to listen, actively engage, and concisely and effectively communicate complex matters in oral and written form.
- A strong work ethic, practice management and interpersonal skills are essential.
Candidates should have excellent academic credentials, be a motivated self-starter with a desire to work in a fast-paced and collegial environment. Large firm experience and/or portable billings not required, but a significant plus.
Estate Planning & Business Legal Assistant
Berluti McLaughlin & Kutchin seeks an experienced full-time legal assistant to join our thriving downtown Boston firm to support our business and estate planning team. Successful candidate must be a committed team player with strong organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a time sensitive environment with nominal supervision. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
- Drafting and finalizing correspondence to clients and courts.
- Drafting, editing, and proofreading a variety of moderate to complex documents.
- File management and organization (both electronic and paper).
- Manage administrative aspects of client/matter intake and management of the matter once opened.
- Contact clients, courts, Secretary of State’s office, and Registries of Deeds to obtain information.
- Preparation of deeds, trustee certificates, trustee appointments, and assignments.
- Assemble executed estate planning documents for presentation to clients.
- Assist in probate administration.
- Manage schedules for office conferences, court appointments, and telephone conferences.
- Working cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the firm.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in estate planning/probate field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and the ability to format, redline and stylize word documents and PDF’s.
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, highly organized, dependable, have a professional attitude, appearance and demeanor and values being an integral team member.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision while contributing to a team.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and compensation requirements.