Liane Keister is an associate in the firm’s estate planning, corporate, and real estate departments. Ms. Keister focuses her practice on estate planning, business succession planning, trust and estate administration, Medicaid benefits planning, charitable planning, and retirement and wealth planning. In addition, Ms. Keister represents individuals and businesses in all aspects of business planning and transactional issues and residential and commercial real estate matters.
- Developing sophisticated estate planning and business succession strategies for closely held business owners.
- Sophisticated estate planning and charitable planning for high-net-worth individuals.
- Formation of family limited liability companies for wealth planning.
- Estate planning for clients with family members who have special needs/disabilities.
- Creation of non-profit organizations and obtaining tax-exempt status.
- Trust and estate administration.
- Representing clients to secure guardianship and conservatorship appointments.
- Representing clients to secure MassHealth benefits.
- Representing clients in negotiating disability benefits.
- Comment Editor, Transnational Law Review
- Research Assistant to Health Law Professor, including but not limited to areas of health law reform, disparities in health care, and alternative health care
- 2008 & 2004 U.S. Olympic Team member, Rowing
- 2003 World Champion, Rowing
- 7-time member of U.S.A. Rowing Team
- 2-time NCAA Division 1 National Champion, Brown University Women’s Rowing
Memberships, Affiliations, and Personal Interests
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Women Lawyers
- Trustee of Riverside Boat Club